Sunday, July 10, 2011

TIPS & TRICKS: Lustrous Lashes

I won't lie... sometimes I spend minutes to hours watching makeup tutorials on YouTube. There is something so soothing about watching a makeup artist create a beautiful and interesting face. It's like watching a painter create colors and shapes from a blank canvas. Some blustery winter days I would shack up in Kent's School of Art building and drink coffee while watching people work. I could get lost in the brush strokes and application of color. The same holds true for watching a makeup master transform her face into something magical.
Aside from the mesmerizing transformation, sometimes these tutorials really open my eyes to a clever and simple trick to achieving a great look. Sometimes I value these tutorials like an instruction sheet or textbook.
This video by Michelle Phan gave me one of those "Ohhh!" moments. I love learning things and solving problems, and Michelle really taught me something about a very simple product: Mascara.



Lustrous, doll-like lashes are something I find appealing, but knowing the ~secrets~ is very eye-opening (no pun intended).
Watch this simple video for choosing the right mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment