Monday, July 11, 2011

INSPIRATION: Fire Walk With Me

I've spent the majority of my summer delving into the mysterious and seductive world of David Lynch's masterpiece, "Twin Peaks." The show is a cinematic gem, like a film broken up into multiple extended segments spanning two seasons. While the revelation of Laura Palmer's killer may have sent the series into a slow, agonizing downward spiral, its film noir stylings and errie paranormal qualities linger on in the mind of the viewer. I've experienced a bit of "Peaksmania," albeit 20 years too late. I began the prequel/epilogue film, "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me" today, and I am already enraptured in the stylish mystery only David Lynch can bring to my senses.



_________________________________________________________________
"Remember, Lil's wearing a sour look on her face. Her face had a sour look on it.
We're gonna have problems with the local authorities. They're not gonna be receptive to the FBI.
Both eyes blinking means trouble higher up. The eye is the local authority.
You notice, she had one hand in her pocket. Which means they're hiding something.
And the other hand, made into a fist. Which means they're gonna be belligerent.
Lil was walkin' in place, which means there's gonna be a lot of leg work involved."
_________________________________________________________________



__________________________________________________________
"Let me ask you something, Stanley: Did you notice anything about the dress?"
"The dress was altered to fit her. I noticed a different colored thread where the dress was taken in."
"Tailored dresses are a code for drugs. You notice what was pinned to it?"
"A blue rose?"
"Good. But I can't tell you about that."
__________________________________________________________

It looks like Vice Magazine was too inspired by the film and published a "Fire Walk With Me" photo spread last year.









Additionally, Vice published another Twin Peaks-inspired photo shoot that was spot on and so much fun. The shoot inspires me to dress up and attend a themed party.
I'll be sure to wear my best 1990s-inspired-by-1940s oversized sweaters, pencil skirts, saddle shoes and half a locket. *wink*

1 comment: